Janapar trail leads hikers through the Mountainous Republic of Karabakh.
Welcome to the Janapar (Ճանապարհ) project. Our goal is to provide the information necessary to allow you to freely explore the back country of the Mountainous Republic of Karabakh. The Mountainous Republic of Karabakh is an Armenian republic with high mountains, hills and valleys. Much of it is green and forested, and almost all of it is pristine. Few travelers make it to this remote area, only accessible via Armenia, meaning you'll likely have the trail to yourself much of the time, or share it with a shepherd, as you are one of the first hikers to discover this area rich in history, culture and nature.
The Janapar project has created marked trails, maps, located homestays, and created this website. This website is a wiki, so let us know on the Facebook page if you'd like an account so you can add your experiences, knowledge and pictures as well!
- Trail sections - overview of trail - including GPS tracks, links, distances, etc.
- Janapar Trail Descriptions - very helpful detailed text narrative on each section of the trail. print before hiking!
- Janapar Trail Practical Information - if you're planning your trip, this is what you need to know
- Janapar App on Everytrail (download to smartphone)
- Photo Gallery
- Villages (including homestay information)
- Facebook Page - Join! Post questions and comments there.
- Help maintain the trail
- Janapar Online Store